Teh blogosphere of teh internets has been pimping out a lot of really useful stuff lately, and I've been digg
ing my del.icio.us
links for this post, which I've largely acquired from the geniuses at C&L
. Let's get right to it, shall we?
- Fox News Sunday: Brit Hume says Democrats want to lose the war, AGAIN. John Amato: "The warmongers treat war like it’s a college football game." Indeed, but not just the war - pretty much sums up a lot of Conservative methodology when you get down to brass tacks.
- Princess Sparkle Pony (I keep track of Condoleezza's hairdo so you don't have to) reports on Bill O'Reilly's Remedial Bible School. The best comment in the thread: "There's nothing like a pundit to feign intimate Christian knowledge... Ann Coulter is equally amazing." FTW!
- Ezra Klein notes the galling hypocrisy of a network having spent a week lambasting Hillary for planting a question about global warming themselves planting a question about jewelry.
- Libby reports on the epidemic of epidemic of suicide among war veterans , especially those just home from Iraq.
- Elle, PhD finds yet another reason to dislike David Vitter—and this time it doesn’t have anything to do with the hooker who’s a doppelganger for his wife.
- Tom Hilton reports that there are two kinds of Republican sex—and both of them are illegal, of course.
- Michael Stickings passes on useful instructions on how to respond to global warming deniers, if “Damn, you’re a brainless moron not worth my time” doesn’t appeal to you.
- Steven Hart discovers that the Creation Museum is about to become an even bigger, better moron magnet.
- Rachel updates the story of Katelyn Kampf, the girl whose parents abducted her last year to try to force her to get an abortion, because her baby’s father is black.
- Bill Clinton is Emperor Palpatine
- Peter at Right Wing Watch finds that professional asshole Randall Terry is heartbroken by Pat Robertson’s endorsement of Giuliani and his “hypocritical and seductive evil.” The idea of Randall Terry being heartbroken gives me a raging woody...
- Eric Hopp raises his voice once again in support of universal healthcare, in the wake of the news that the US is among the worst in the world for infant deaths.
- Does the American education system have to mean apartheid? In a three-part series, liberalamerican of The Strange Death Of Liberal America examines the education system in America, and how it’s helping to create a caste system.
- A bit of a scoop from NYC Educator: Rudy Giuliani hates “socialized medicine” run by government. Then why was his prostate cancer treated under a government healthcare program?
- His Vorpal Sword reminds us that Scott Beauchamp is not the first soldier harassed by right wingers for speaking truth about Iraq. Another kind of war porn.
- Are you a
Young Republican who supports the invasion of Iraq, but can’t lift a rifle and stand a post for all the Cheeto dust on your fingers chickenhawk? Now you can serve your country and not worry about accidental discharge! Except maybe propulsive diarrhea…
- And lastly, from Cocktober to Blowvember, Wonkette has all of the GOP homosex-scandals all confined to two bathroom stalls.