I'm glad things are different now and have changed so drastically in the 20 years I've lived without the fear of what people might think about me or the fear of rejection, and I'm a better man for all of the struggle it took to get me here. It is necessary to be who you know you are. I know it is difficult for many and not a choice to be made lightly, but we all have a responsibility to ourselves to BE our authentic selves. It's too goddamned hard working to maintain living a lie when you don't have to, and we all deserve to be happy and fulfilled. So for all of you in this struggle with self identity, know that I've been where you are - we all have - and I'm telling you now, no prison is as hard to survive as the one you put yourself in. Maybe you've done it so long you think it's working for you, but it isn't and you have to know that. You've already done the hardest part, and that is making yourself miserable to keep everyone else content and happy, but you deserve some of that for yourself you know. Be strong, and let me know if there's anything I can help with.
"The person you're supposed to be is the person you know you ARE - period. You have a responsibility to that person to live through to be the "authentic self". Let's face it - if you're not telling yourself the truth, then you're lying to every person you come into association with. That's no way to live. Let them decide themselves how they feel about you, and that at the end of the day the people who don't accept you as you aren't rejecting you - they were never worthy of you to begin with."
- The New & Improved Homosexual Agenda, A MUST-READ, Pass It On! (19th-Apr-2006)
- Homossssssssssexual Agenda, Take II (29th-Jul-2006)
- The future of this blog's public posts, activism, and not taking shit from anyone, ever. (12th-Apr-2006)
- On Gay Pride, Gay Shame, and Being Proactive (24th-Jun-2006)
- In Honor Of ALL Families, No Matter What THEY Say A Family Really Is. (15th-Sep-2006)
- Take a stand! (17th-Feb-2004)
- Reagan Is Dead, I Will Shed No Tears. (7th-Jun-2004)
- On November 20, 1995, Steven Powsner, died of complications from AIDS at age 40. He had been President of the New York City Lesbian and Gay Community Services Center from 1992-1994. This letter was written by his friend, Matt Foreman, Executive Director National Gay and Lesbian Task Force (17th-Jun-2004)
- For Gabi and for Bill, with all of my love and respect (20th-Oct-2004 )
- "If a bullet should enter my brain, let that bullet destroy every closet door in the country." - On Harvey Milk, Coming Out, Pride, and the Love of My Friends & Family (9th-Jun-2005)
- That's MISTER Faggot to you. If you never read another post in my journal, please read this one in its entirety. (8th-Jun-2005)
- More on Harvey Milk (3rd-Mar-2005)
- On Gender and Normality, whatever the hell THAT is. (14th-Jun-2005)
- A Questionnaire For All You Heterosexuals - Because I care about you and I want you really think about this lifestyle and its consequences. (5th-May-2004)