- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Anyone But Cynthia McKinney? - At this point, pretty much that would be YES. I don't give a flying shit if she is a Democrat, matter of fact, my standards of Democrats are considerably higher than that of Republicans. You never know what a Liberal might get accomplished, but you can count on a Neocon fucking it up.
- Movie Mix: Soldiers Wage Battle Against War - The director of the new film 'Sir, No Sir!' speaks up about GI resistance to war -- and why it's absolutely essential now.
- Nearly 2/3 of Army's combat brigades not ready for wartime missions because of Bush incompetence - Great, now the Republicans' incompetence is destroying our military readiness.
- Religious right suing to put porn star in public school as teacher - Yeah, but she's a CHRISTIAN porn star. Don't be fooled, they're still working on the time and date for the gay/atheist pogroms that will be carried out in Jesus' name.
- Christian right hero Mel Gibson arrested for drunk driving, 0.12 alochol level - Who's to blame? Why "THOSE FUCKING JEWS!", naturally. Just read it. The Huffington Post has more. so does Talk Left.
- The New Pro-Life Movement - *wretch*
- Wanker of the Day - Lee Siegel, a New Republic writer who blames bloggers for the ongoing war in Iraq. I killed JFK, too. True story. Ezra Klein has more.
- Letterman: Clinton responds to Coulter–parody - Take THAT, ya crazy nutstain!
- Bush: “Manage the Calm” = Destroy the World? - Bush’s neocon philosophy is putting us on the brink of destruction. The Iraq war has been a catastrophe and has ushered in more anti-American sentiment around the world.
- Read this and try not to have a nosebleed. - Some people in America have to work three jobs just to put food on the table and pay the bills…but, thanks to the Republican Leadership in the House of Representatives, Paris Hilton’s trust fund return just went up another $91 million (at 2 AM ET). Basically, House Republicans tacked a cut in estate taxes onto a bill to raise the minimum wage. Yeah, you read that correctly: The economically distressed would get an additional $2.10 an hour, whereas the Walton kids and the Hilton sisters would get untold millions. Must be that compassionate conservatism we’ve heard so much about.
- Bush proposing new legislation that would permit him to throw any American in jail, forever, without a trail or attorney - Looks like we're redecorating Gitmo.
- Widespread Heat Waves "Very Strongly Connected" To Global Warming... - Liberal consipracy my frying ass!
- Gunman Shoots 6, Kills One At Seattle Jewish Center - But what about all of the GOOD done in the name of religion?
- Armageddon's upside - Just. Fucking. GAH!!
- Ya'll believe in Jesus, right? - Families Challenging Religious Influence in Delaware Schools
- The New Pro-Life Movement - Feel the 'Culture of Life".
- Aryan Brotherhood Leaders Convicted of Murder - Take THAT, you peckerwood bastards!
- Elderly Driver Faces Trial for 2003 Deaths - Maybe he'll get Andrea Yates' lawyer.
- GOP strategist slams Bush, McCain, DeLay - The dog that bites the hardest always comes from your own kennel.
- Church: Priest spent $1.4m on luxuries - So much for that vow of poverty, it (like the whole "Don't fuck children thing" was way overrated.
- DeLay goes broke as legal bills rise - But my birthday isn't until December!
- Army Dismisses Gay Arabic Linguist - Big deal, it's not like we really needed military personnel who speak Arabic, I mean REALLY.
- Lewis Black Tackles Gay Divorce - Lewis Black was back on the Daily Show on Wednesday satirizing the debate over gay marriage. After playing a clip of Congressman Phil Gingrey, in which the lawmaker said, "In my opinion, marriage isn't just any kind of love. It's a love that can bear children," Black quipped, "Hey Congressman, take my word for it. A one-night stand with no love, a Quaalude and three beers can also bear children."
- Buckley: Bush Should Have Resigned - *watches Rush The Vulgar Pigboy Limbaugh swallow his own tongue*
- A Harris-Shaped Hole in our Hearts - THIS is interesting!
Saturday Blog/News Roundup
Yesterday morning while trying to face being me right now (and that shit ain't easy, trust me) and have the courage to get out of bed and motivate…
Now and again something finds you when you most need it. Sometimes, if you're really lucky, that thing will open your eyes in a way they've never…