- Israel Takes a Stupid Pill - Unlike the Egyptian and Syrian armies in 1973, Hamas and Hezbollah will not easily fold and cannot be defeated in a seven-day war.
- Bush thinks his Iraq policy is model for Middle East conflicts. Uh-oh. - Put your head down on the desk, Chimpy - put your BIG. HEAD. DOWN. ON. THE. DESK.
- Mutually Assured Destruction in the Middle East - With Israeli and Hezbollah leaders giving no signs of backing down, the bloodshed now engulfing the Mideast will only get worse.
- Rice seeks long-term peace on Mideast trip - WOOHOO!! GO CONDI!! Only, NO, there's no reason whatsoever for her to be taken seriously by Hezbollah or Hamas, particularly as she's a fucking female in a power position. Hate what you cannot subjugate. Fabulous. While we're at it, let's all fuck for chastity!
- Take Newt Seriously - I hate to say it, but he's probably right.
- Israel masses troops on Lebanon border amid invasion fears. - This is going to be really ugly, no matter who tries to get involved in stopping it.
- The United States has agreed to a request from Israel to expedite a shipment of precision munitions. - Say it isn't so! DailyKos has more.
- Matthews, Buchanan Eviscerate Neocons And Warmongering On The Right - Chris Matthews I have to take with a grain of salt, but when Pat Buchanan (whom I also take with several grains of salt) comes out swinging against his own flock, I'm not sure whether to take it seriously or prepare for the apocalypse.
- Soldiers Wage Battle Against War - The director of the new film 'Sir, No Sir!' speaks up about GI resistance to war -- and why it's absolutely essential now.
- Iraq's Reconstruction a Boondoggle by Design - Iraq's reconstruction has been a crude taxpayer rip-off -- and while $30 billion has been spent, only 30 percent of Iraqis are even aware of the rebuilding effort.
- The Growing Threat of Right-Wing Christians - Michelle Goldberg says progressives need to wake up and pay attention to the enormous -- and growing -- influence of the radical Christian right.
- Republican Iraq war supporter says it's time for a partial withdrawal, now - Hmmm - posturing or the coming to of senses?
- The so-called liberal media in action - IN YO FACE, BITCHES!!
- The Media Is Helping Bush Scare the Populace - A plea to newsmakers: Stop falling for the Bush administration's attempts at fear-mongering rather than governing.
- America's Disastrous Budgets - After Sept. 11, federal budgets for national security rose drastically -- so why aren't the ensuing funded programs making us any safer?
- The GOP Fights to Keep Women in Poverty - New welfare rules created by the Bush administration are doomed to fail by forcing women to take the first dead-end job that comes their way.
Saturday Morning News/Blog Roundup
Today marks one year ago that I gathered with my family, friends, and fellow Obama campaign volunteers to watch the election results come in to…
Allen Thornell This is my friend Allen. He flew from this Earth last Tuesday after suffering a stroke the night before, at the age of…
Pass this on to EVERY Christian you know, and encourage them to share it with others. The Defenders The License