Part of why I make these posts is because I'm still quite pissed off about Bush's reelection, detailed in this post made one year ago this week. With the coming elections next year and the '08 elections coming, I don't think we can afford to really allow what happened last go 'round to come back and bite us in the ass. Too many people didn't bother voting for one reason or another, and that's beyond shameful. More poor and disenfranchised people need to get registered and vote - as well as more ethnic minorities. Don't get me fucking started on the ridiculously low numbers of queers that didn't bother, I'm liable to go all Norma Rae on your sorry asses. So I do these things to raise awareness and hopefully fire up enough folks to get involved in the process. With any luck, the more people who read these posts that I work so hard on will link to them in their own LJs/blogs. My hope is to create dialogue within as many people as I can possibly reach so that they'll begin talking about these issues and taking a stand one way or the other. Complacency is what gets us into the sht we're in now, and it HAS. TO. STOP. You forfeit your right to complain about it if you don't make a contribution, and I want everyone contributing for the betterment of us all. These political posts are for the benefit of anyone who happens to read them, and to act as a repository for me to cite info as I need it later, but mostly they're for the people on my friends list and for people who have friended me. So as always, feel free to link back to these posts!!
To my American readers, you have the right to ask for what you want and to demand that the powers that be represent us ALL, which hasn't happened in a long time. Democrats need to be back in control of both houses and the Administration. As long as the Republicans are puppeteered by greed, completely ridiculous aspirations to legislate morality, and a penchant for allowing the religious wingnuts to have more influence in politics than is EVER safe for them to have, we regular people are fucked. So - embellishments aside, onto the dirt.
Bush [1|2|3|4] - Cheney [1|2|3|4]
- President Discusses War on Terror at National Endowment for Democracy
- Bush critics say US is losing war on terror
- Bush Just Doesn't Learn
- Polling Report: President Bush and the Bush Administration | CBS Poll: Approval Ratings Compared | CBS poll, another disaster for Bush
- Cheney Plan Exempts CIA From Bill Barring Abuse of Detainees
- Democratic senators call on Cheney for 'thorough housecleaning' as aides in leak scandal are promoted
DeLay [1|2|3|4|5] - Abramoff [1|2|3|4] - Scanlon [1|2|3] - Frist [1|2|3] - Santorum [1|2|3|4|5]
...And Yet More GOP Hypocrisy
- Worst Blog of the Year: Power Line
- We're Not the Only Ones Calling Them Wackos
- Senate Intelligence chairman quietly 'fixed' intelligence, and diverted blame from White House over Iraq
- Democrats detail times their efforts to examine intel were blocked
- On the Road with Mrs. Malkin
- Republicans plan to cut 40,000 kids from school lunch program to pay for ANOTHER tax cut in the next month
- GOP slashes the budget in the Senate - perks for Big Oil, cuts for the poor
- The Republican War On Science
Finally, Poor lil McClellan: Can Scottie keep his job despite the lies? Jesus hates tetanus shots and Michael Schiavo is getting political, which thrills me no end.
Get your own Great Republican Perp Walk Coffee Mug Set today, and get extras for the Conservatives on your Mythmas list!