Sat in on a House Rules Committee meeting, spoke personally to every representative and/or senator about this ridiculous marriage amendment, registered many people to vote, taught Avery to do a flip, many many other things I cannot think of just now.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I made none that I can recall, and I'm not going to in the coming year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My friends Shannon and Amy both had beautiful little boys, my nephews Raleigh and Reese.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, and I miss her and would give anything if she were still here.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
Enough disposable money that I can spoil people fucking rotten, peace of mind, more quiet time.
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 30, because it allowed me to finally bury more things that I'd needed to bury.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I don't know that I'm the one to decide on that, others will comment and fill that in for me. If it's up to me, I'd say it was getting people inspired and educated to participate in the electoral process.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't waste time thinking about such things any longer than are merited.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Sugarland - Twice The Speed Of Life
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Avery, for mastering potty training early
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Several, and I'm not going there except to say I wished all of them had made better choices.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Who the hell ever knows, I certainly don't
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Meeting michaelnolan, mynameisbessie, albumlady, and introducing them to new music.
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
I don't associate songs with particular years, only with different periods of my life. Nothing in particular this year has struck me like that musically.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder? MUCH happier
Older or wiser? Both
Thinner or fatter? Fatter
Richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Thrown energy away on stupid people and stupid things
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With my family
21. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
With my family
22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
No, but I did fall once or twice I think.
23. How many one-night stands?
I have eschewed that kind of behavior.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Seeing Sugarland's first video on the GAC Top 20 Countdown for the first time
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Yes, and they fucking deserve it.
26. What was the best book you read?
Zingerman's Guide To Good Eating - Ari Weinzweig
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Deepest Blue, Sara Evans, Jo Dee Messina, rediscovering Morrissey & The Smiths
28. What did you want and get?
Practically everything I needed on both counts.
29. What did you want and not get?
I wanted some people to be better than what they are, I got a lot of rude awakenings and callouses on my heart.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Shrek 2 kicked major ass, and for as gut wrenchingly harsh as it was, I think Fahrenheit 9/11 had the most impact on me emotionally - but that hardly qualifies it as a favorite.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I spent the day with my baby girl, and had a phenominal sushi dinner with the family.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
To have had all of these marriage amendments voted down, and for Howard Dean to have made it all the way to the White House instead of that fuckhead that wound up back in there, shamefully.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Are you kidding me with this?
34. What kept you sane?
That's assuming something did.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Angelina & Charlize, both Goddesses still.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Heterosxuals who've historically failed left, right, and fucking center at marriages deciding we weren't worthy of showing them up, and the countless people who sat by and allowed it to happen - in particular other homosexuals.
37. Who did you miss?
Tarah, Jennie, Andrew, Ryan, and Jennifer
38. Who was the best new person you met?
All of them
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
When to say "I've had enough", and that sushi cures depression
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"My spleen is full, though I say I don't hold a grudge
and it may make me vile and wretched and worse off than you
but I do judge."
Judge - Jennifer Nettles Band