We will wait until about 8:20 - 8:30 AM before leaving Columbus for Atlanta. Once we get to the Hartsfield Airport, we're parking at the College Park MARTA station and taking the train to the Civic Center. The MARTA station offers free, secure parking and the train will take us directly to the start of the parade, which is scheduled to start at 11:00 AM.
- water, as it will be Africa-Tarzan hot
- a camera (if you plan on getting pictures)
- money for meals, MARTA tokens* and any souvenirs you might be interested in
- two way radio set (if you have them) for communication between cars
- light, loose, cool clothes to wear
- a clean pair of socks, in case we get doused with water. I will personally carry them for you.
Remember that before we make this trek, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check the oil, water, and other necessary components of your car BEFORE that morning. make sure your tank is filled with gas the night before we leave so we can all leave on time. If you have a cellphone, charge that bitch on Saturday night.
The official website for this event is Atlanta Pride, check it out. I want to remind everyone coming how very important this is to us. This is a chance to not only show your support for the Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transgendered community, but to be a presence for tolerance, justice, and equality. You have the right to assemble for any cause that is important to you, and this one is to us. I hope many of you come, I guarantee you you will have a blast!
I love you guys, I really hope many of you will try to be there and spend time with us for this day! Please reply to this post if you are planning on coming and get with our other friends about carpooling so we will know who to wait for that morning.
*MARTA fare is $1.75 per fare token, and you will need two tokens.